Resource for Children
It would be really good to include children and youth in the event. There are many creative and different things you could do to involve them. Here are some ideas for one session:
GAME – The Shouting/Screaming Challenge.
Using the space you have got, take a deep breath and run from one side of the room to the other, whilst shouting or screaming. How far can you run on one breath whilst shouting or screaming? The winner is the one who can go the furthest.
1) Normally, people might scream or shout when things go wrong. What hard things might people face in the world that might make them want to scream or shout?
Read Together: Matthew 6:9-13
Jesus gave us the Lord’s Prayer to help us know how to pray. In one part we pray: ‘Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.’
When we pray this we recognise that life on earth is not perfect like heaven is. When we pray ‘Your kingdom come’ we are saying God’s way is the best way. When we pray ‘Your will be done’, we are saying that what God wills is the best thing for us. Pain, suffering and wrongdoing do not exist in heaven, so we want earth to be more like heaven.
2) What do you think is different about heaven from earth? (For older children, you might look at Revelation 21:1-4 -esp. v4)
3) What can we do that might make earth a bit more like heaven?
- Write a prayer to God about some of the things you have discussed during this time.
- Use your imagination to draw a picture around the idea of God’s will being done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Use the colouring sheet provided to do your best colouring
We would love to see your responses. Please do send photos to us. You might consider recording some of the young people sharing their prayers